What Is a QR Code and Why Do I Need One?
Well, you don’t really ‘need’ QR codes but, they do seem to be all the rage lately and they are ultra convenient!
QR codes seem to be coming up quite a bit in conversation lately. What is a QR code? It’s much like the bar code that you find on items in the grocery store. Whereas each grocery item has its own specific code, each QR code leads you to a specific link.
The website or article author or company may want to share items of importance to you via the QR code. If you own a smartphone, finding your way around the internet with the use of QR codes is SO much easier than typing a lengthy url (website address) on the small phone keyboards!
You simply download a QR code reader onto your smartphone–both iPhone and Droid products offer free QR code readers in their app store or marketplace. This app takes about 3 seconds to download.
Once you’ve downloaded the QR reader, you’re ready to go. Simply open the app, point and shoot! Hold your phone over the QR code that you’d like to use and VOILA! you’re there!
Here are a few ways that we, at Savvy + Company Real Estate utilize QR codes for our readers’ convenience:
- Sharing a downloadable item such as a mobile app to our website. The use of the QR code is so much simpler than typing in the link on your smartphone.
- Sharing our address or contact information for you to add to your address book. Easy peasy–Scan that QR code and we’re just a click away in your contacts!
- Create tours utilizing maps and QR codes for you, as a Charlotte home buyer to drive to see if you like the area. You can scan it from an email that we’ve sent to you on your computer before they head out to tour various areas.
- QR codes make a good deal of sense for our mobile-friendly consumers. Here are a few examples of how one may utilize your QR Code directly from our site:
- Headed out to preview a listing via drive-by? Simply scan the code and you’re instantly on our home search page. This is SO much easier than logging onto the browser on a smartphone, typing the url (website address) and possibly missing a letter and having to begin all over again!
- Before meeting us for evening showings, you can scan the search page and easily pinpoint the listing and even map where we’re meeting you–right from your smartphone.
- Contact information: Again, just download to your phone without the risk of typing a wrong number in your phone contact!
QR codes instantly transition you, the consumer, from a website or email to mobile device. Our goal is to make this transition between the mobile world and the online/web world as seamless as possible for you and QR codes are just the technology to do this.
We’re even available to help you if you have a technical problem! At Savvy, we’re all about being progressive, forward-thinkers for the benefit of our wonderful clients–we’re here to help and to make your life easier!