The Ten Commandments Of Selling Your Charlotte Home (Infographic)
So your home’s on the market — are you jazzed about getting it sold? Good. But there are a few things you need to know. More specifically, ten things. They’re called “The Ten Commandments of Selling a Home.” Read them. Absorb them. Emblazon them to memory, because one tiny mis-step can make your dream of moving on to your next home come crashing down like a sandcastle at high tide. The Ten Commandments of Selling Your Charlotte Home
- Thou shalt vacate the house for all showings. Really, if you want your buyers to rush in and rush out of your home – turn the air off in the summer, the heat off in the winter or stay in your BarcaLounger during your showings!
- Thou shalt assume every day is a showing day. Keep it clean, clutter free and pets properly secured or removed from the property.
- Thou shalt not turn off utilities before closing. Your buyer will have an appraisal, an inspection and a walk-through – all of which will necessitate all utilities being on! Don’t delay the process by turning off utilities early.
- Thou shalt fill out property condition Disclosure completely and disclose all known defects. Without fail – ALL known defects and if in doubt, you probably need to DISCLOSE IT! ASK ME!
- Thou shalt not stop paying the mortgage. Just because you’re under Contract, don’t stop making your mortgage payments (unless you are selling via short sale).
- Thou shalt not rely upon Zillow to determine your sales price (that’s what your agent is for). This is a big NO-NO! This is a computer-generated analysis and is nowhere near accurate for determining your home’s list price.
- Thou shalt make all beds before all showings (which includes NOT being in bed during showings). If you don’t know if you have showings scheduled today, make your bed anyway! Even if you don’t have showings, you’ll feel better knowing it’s done in case you have last minute showings scheduled.
- Thou shalt send anyone inquiring about the property to your agent. More sellers than you can imagine have lost buyers for their homes by allowing buyers into their home, saying all of the wrong things (thinking they’re being friendly and helpful). Leave the home selling to the professionals – you’ll be glad you did!
- Thou shalt not call your agent at 11 PM. Okay, if we’re negotiating your deal, I’m all in for that but, my clients know I work 18 hour days and I do need just a wee bit of ‘down’ time!
- Thou shall not cook broccoli. There are assorted other foods not to prepare but, being greeted at the door by strong odors is never pleasant. I can say that when I cook foods with strong odors (curry, garlic, fish, etc.), I don’t smell it unless I leave and return home. As soon as I open the door, the odor almost knocks me down! So, stay away from those strong odors when cooking while your home is listed on the market.
Thinking of Listing your Charlotte home? Let’s talk! Call or text me at (704) 491-3310 or email me at SavvyBroker@me.com © Debe Maxwell | The Maxwell House Group | RE/MAX Executive | CharlotteBroker@icloud.com | The Ten Commandments Of Selling Your Charlotte Home (Infographic)