Charlotte Home Sellers – 9 Things to Check before a Home Inspection
Selling your Charlotte home can be a stressful time – there is so much to think about; keeping the home clean, heading out at a moment’s notice to accommodate last minute showings – not to mention planning a move. It’s natural to feel overwhelmed.
Then you get that great Offer and enter into Escrow. You’re relieved until you realize the home inspection is coming up next. Even a home meticulously maintained can have hidden issues. The good news is that you can prepare for the home inspection and make sure you pass with flying colors.
Here are 9 Things to Check before a Home Inspection
- Doors, windows, cabinets and drawers – check that they slide smoothly
- Run water in sinks, tubs and showers – snake any that drain slowly
- Evidence of water leaks – Garage ceiling, under sinks, around water heaters, etc.
- GFIs – check your local code and install GFI plugs where required
- Smoke and Carbon Monoxide Detectors must be in working order
- Gutters and Roof – replace any missing roof tiles and clean gutters
- HVAC – Consider a HVAC servicing to replace filters, check for problems & repair as needed
- Water Heater – is it properly strapped and vented?
- Deferred maintenance – anything that has been neglected should be addressed before the home inspection
The best defense is a good offense. This is true in home inspections too! The best way to ensure you have a great home inspection is to have a pre-listing home inspection. It could be the best couple hundred dollars you can spend – uncover the issues before the buyer does. Questions? Let’s talk! Call or text (704) 491-3310 or email SavvyBroker@me.com. Visit our sellers webpage at www.ListMyCharlotteHome.com.
© Debe Maxwell | The Maxwell House Group | RE/MAX Executive | CharlotteBroker@icloud.com | Charlotte Home Sellers – 9 Things to Check before a Home Inspection