Madison Park Neighborhood Charlotte NC
You will frequently hear from Madison Park residents when asked what the best thing about living in Madison Park is - they say, “The neighbors!” That is often quickly followed by, “Oh and the location!”
What a fun, welcoming community in an incredibly convenient location – right smack dab in the middle of Park Road Shopping Center area, South End, SouthPark and the Dilworth/Freedom Park area with incredibly easy access to Uptown. Can you ask for a better location?
Beautiful tree-lined streets and 1950’s style homes are peppered with stunning new construction homes but, for the most part, the majority of the neighborhood are beautifully renovated classic Cape Cods, split level homes and ranches. Madison Park is one of the few communities where mid-century modern homes can be found in a ‘affordable’ price range here in Charlotte.
With easy access to Uptown, SouthPark Mall, Charlotte Douglas International Airport and truly, everything Charlotte, Madison Park is great for those who want a well-connected community. Charlotte’s Lynx Blue Line is quite close – at South Boulevard – for convenient access to even more of Charlotte. Madison Park is truly a neighborhood that has it all – just ask any of the homeowners who will tell you that everything they need is within a 2-mile radius – talk about local! The active homeowners association helps keep the neighborhood beautiful and at an incredibly low monthly HOA fee.
Looking for Shopping?
As mentioned before, Park Road Shopping Center and SouthPark Mall are just outside the confines of this residential haven.
- People drive from all over Charlotte to visit the 1950s-style Park Road Shopping Center which not only houses wonderful shops but, amazing old and new restaurants. There’s a reason that some of the best restaurants are clamoring for space in Park Road Shopping Center – it’s ‘the place to be!’
- SouthPark Mall - Again, people travel for the shopping here in Charlotte. People from all over the southeastern United States travel to shop at this upscale shopping mall. For Madison Park residents, it’s right at your fingertips!
Recreation For Everyone
Thanks to the presence of nearby county parks, the neighborhood offers many recreational opportunities to keep residents of all ages in motion!
- Marion Diehl Park
- 79 acres
- Picnic shelter
- Concrete walking trail
- Grass multi-purpose track/playing field
- Gym complex with pool and senior center.
- Park Road Park
- Gorgeous 11-acre lake setting
- 12 Lighted tennis & volleyball courts
- 8 Basketball courts
- Baseball/softball fields
- Horseshoe pits
- Walking trails
- Newtown Memorial Playground
- Picnic and playground area
- Freedom Park
- Gorgeous pond
- Performance stage and cover
- Softball/baseball fields
- Basketball goals
- Covered rental areas
- Grills and picnic tables
- Bike rentals
- Great jogging trails and access to the Little Sugar Creek Greenway
Madison Park Neighborhood Nightlife
Just across Park Road, you will find Park Road Shopping Center and Montford Drive. Want a quiet, relaxing meal with your partner or with friends? You’ll love the quaint restaurants located in Park Road Shopping Center. Now, there are eclectic establishments (Sir Edmond Halley’s comes to mind!) or upbeat Mexican (Cantina 1511) also located in Park Road Shopping Center.
Travel to Montford Drive, just across Park Road and you’ll find yourself smack dab in the middle of a rocking nightlife strip! Whether you choose an evening or bowling at Ten Park Lanes or enjoying adult beverages (and dining too) at some of Charlotte’s favorite, more upbeat watering holes (Angry Ales, Brazwell’s, Duckworth’s, Good Food on Montford, Moosehead Grill, The Bucket Shop, The Roasting Company and more). As you can see, there is no shortage of places to drink, dine, eat or shop when you live in Madison Park!
Madison Park Market Update
- Lynx Light Rail
- Mecklenburg County Parks and Recreation
- Historic South End
- Madison Park Neighborhood Association
- Selwyn Elementary MP Attendance Map
- Montclaire Elementary Madison Park Attendance Map
- Pinewood Mecklenburg Elementary
- Sedgefield Middle
- Alexander Graham Middle
- Myers Park High School
© Debe Maxwell | The Maxwell House Group | RE/MAX Executive | CharlotteBroker@icloud.com | Madison Park Neighborhood Charlotte NC