7 Powerful Reasons to List Your Charlotte Home for Sale During the Holidays
Oh boy! Here we go again – it’s the pre-holidays sellers dilemma!
I am hearing this question more and more these days – “Should I list my Charlotte home for sale during the holidays?” It’s a very logical question but, let me explain the reasoning behind why I recommend listing your Charlotte home for sale during the holidays…
1. While there may be fewer buyers out there shopping for Charlotte homes for sale during the holidays, the buyers who are looking, are serious buyers, they are emotional and they are READY to buy! Why are they emotional? They HAVE to move and they are doing this during the holidays – set your home up to show its best and these emotional buyers will be thrilled to have found your lovely home. Because of that, they don’t typically haggle on your price.
2. Relocation buyers are still shopping for homes for sale in Charlotte. Holidays truly don’t matter to companies who are relocating employees so, now is a great time to be ‘on the market.’ Charlotte is headquarters for numerous Fortune 500 companies who routinely reevaluate their corporate structure during the last quarter of the year, in preparation for the New Year. Now is the time that these transfers are typically announced, with companies moving employees in and out of the city in the upcoming months. We tend to have relocation clients coming in from several states including New York, California and Texas. These relocation buyers have more time to shop during the holidays; as well, they have often been given additional time off to find their new home in their destination city – Charlotte! Did I mention, these are serious relocation buyers?
3. There is less competition during the holidays–most sellers don’t want to have potential buyers traipsing through their homes during the holidays–take advantage of this. This means more money for you! Statistics show that you can typically sell for more money during the holidays.
4. After the holidays, the supply of homes on the market increases exponentially, lessening the demand for your home. More competition also equals a lower sales price for you.
5. The drive to be a homeowner doesn’t decrease during the holidays – in fact, it may even be stronger for some buyers.
6. Sometimes your home shows better when decorated for the holidays! Just remember that tasteful and simple decorations are better than over-doing it. Decorate minimally but, make it appealing – remember, what goes up MUST come down!
7. Buyers typically have more time to look for property during the holidays with more time off from work, meaning that couples can look together as well, making a quicker decision on a home.
Every year at this time, many homeowners decide to wait until after the holidays to put their homes on the market for the first time, while others who already have their homes on the market decide to take them off until after the holidays.
Here are five great reasons not to wait from Keeping Current Matters:
Waiting until after the holidays to sell your home doesn’t always make sense!
Selling your Charlotte home during the holidays doesn’t have to be stressful. Are you ready to sell your home? I’m ready to help! Give me a call or text today at (704) 491-3310 or email me at SavvyBroker@me.com. I’m happy to be your holiday helper!
© Debe Maxwell | The Maxwell House Group Real Estate | SavvyBroker@me.com | 7 Powerful Reasons to List Your Charlotte Home for Sale During the Holidays